Ahhh...the unwitting brilliance of Eminem. Waaaay before he was murdering MGK he was gifting us with some genuine pearls of wisdom...and I don't say that sarcastically. When you think about it, other's perceptions of us often turn out to be true--even when we don't want them to be. We can explore this idea later, and we will, but for now, just this. How many times have you said to yourself, and for that matter, to anyone who would listen--"I don't care what anyone else thinks...". I know I've said it at least once in the past month--please note, today is the first day of the month...so...yeah, already said it. In our heart of hearts, though, do we really believe that? It seems an age-old question, but it is one that may not have just one answer: to what extent do other people's perceptions of you have an impact on the decisions you make? Peer pressure, parental pressure, self-imposed pressure, all these outside, or inside, forces have t...
Comments
Post a Comment